Typical day of camp:
Campers will start out the first day with basic lessons and skill assessments. Based on age, skill level and comfort; We will separate for instruction,
Other activities will include, assembling and finding the right fit and feel of your skateboard, understanding hardware, wheel types and basic overview of skate culture.
Our main focus is:
- Safety and skatepark etiquette
- Park awareness and critical thinking
- Board 101: Understand how to set-up and keep it working well.
- Balance, control, and how to fall
- Stance, body positioning, and foot placement
- Pushing, rolling, turning, carving and stopping
More advanced skaters will learn:
- Ramp alertness and dropping in
- Popular tricks such as “rock to fakie”, “rock and roll”, “50/50 Grind”, “Axle Stall”, “Ollie” and “Power Slide”.